- 1 another term for maguey.More example sentences
- Olson also encouraged operators to treat spirits as food and to expand the ultra-premium shelf with such offerings as single village mescals and single vineyard Cognacs.
- The only problem with that story is they didn't start putting the worm in the mescal until 1950, when they had much more scientific ways of testing if a liquor was up to par.
- But still, the rent must be paid and the mescal must be bought.
- 1.1 [mass noun] An alcoholic drink distilled from the sap of an agave.More example sentences
- As an accompaniment, mescal is the Oaxacan liquor of choice.
- This reminded one student of the maguey, and he enthusiastically described to the class the process of making mescal and tequila from that cactus plant.
- In the 1870s several mescal distillers around the town of Tequila in the central Mexican state of Jalisco began making a superior version of the product.
- 2 another term for peyote.
early 18th century: from Spanish mezcal, from Nahuatl mexcalli.
More definitions of mescalDefinition of mescal in:
- The US English dictionary