Definition of mescal in English:
1 another term for maguey.
- Olson also encouraged operators to treat spirits as food and to expand the ultra-premium shelf with such offerings as single village mescals and single vineyard Cognacs.
- The only problem with that story is they didn't start putting the worm in the mescal until 1950, when they had much more scientific ways of testing if a liquor was up to par.
- But still, the rent must be paid and the mescal must be bought.
1.1 [mass noun] An alcoholic drink distilled from the sap of an agave.
- As an accompaniment, mescal is the Oaxacan liquor of choice.
- This reminded one student of the maguey, and he enthusiastically described to the class the process of making mescal and tequila from that cactus plant.
- In the 1870s several mescal distillers around the town of Tequila in the central Mexican state of Jalisco began making a superior version of the product.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan