- A Provençal green salad made from a mixture of edible leaves and flowers: [as modifier]: I like to make my mesclun salad with mustard and turnip greens plus wild watercressMore example sentences
- Also I couldn't find tarragon and chervil, so I just used mesclun salad greens with a bit of edible flowers.
- They'd seen the show before, but then they'd had shish kebab and mesclun salad before, and that hadn't dampened their appetites.
- Spread on top of a flour tortilla; layer with deli roast beef, mint leaves, and mesclun salad mix.
Provençal, literally 'mixture', from mesclar 'mix thoroughly'.
More definitions of mesclunDefinition of mesclun in:
- The US English dictionary