(also silver-eared mesia)
- A SE Asian bird of the babbler family, the male having red and yellow plumage with a black-and-white head.
More example sentences
- Leiothrix argentauris, family Timaliidae
- On Sept.28, 186 birds, including 100 mesias, were arrived by plane from Taiwan to England.
- Officials said tissue samples from the finch-like mesias were pooled so it was impossible to say how many had been killed by H5N1.
- And others such as silver-eared mesias and velvet-fronted nuthatches, which may be escapees from the wild bird trade.
modern Latin (former genus name).