- 1Causing a person to become completely transfixed and unaware of their surroundings: she found herself staring into his mesmeric gazeMore example sentences
- The effect is a lilting, mesmeric tidal flow of rhythm and melody - you might find yourself slipping into a trance, with or without the aid of controlled substances.
- His reconstructed realities captivate participants with a mesmeric hold that lasts far beyond the temporal end of a work.
- He did not use any of the hypnotic or mesmeric influences.
- 1.1 • archaic Relating to or produced by mesmerism: mesmeric anaesthesiaMore example sentences
- He had seen a summer camp counselor demonstrating hypnosis using mesmeric passes and postural sway tests and was intrigued by what he saw.
- More example sentences
- The mesmerically vast remoteness of Canyonlands.
- At the five-minute mark, the mesmerically building whirrs and tones build are repeatedly interrupted by the sample of a heavy metal riff that is played over and over again.
- When they joined forces with the ball they swiftly - almost mesmerically - initiated a traditional Old Enemy unravelling.
More definitions of mesmericDefinition of mesmeric in:
- The US English dictionary