Definition of mesmeric in English:
1Causing a person to become completely transfixed and unaware of their surroundings: she found herself staring into his mesmeric gaze
More example sentences
- The effect is a lilting, mesmeric tidal flow of rhythm and melody - you might find yourself slipping into a trance, with or without the aid of controlled substances.
- His reconstructed realities captivate participants with a mesmeric hold that lasts far beyond the temporal end of a work.
- He did not use any of the hypnotic or mesmeric influences.
- Example sentences
- The mesmerically vast remoteness of Canyonlands.
- At the five-minute mark, the mesmerically building whirrs and tones build are repeatedly interrupted by the sample of a heavy metal riff that is played over and over again.
- When they joined forces with the ball they swiftly - almost mesmerically - initiated a traditional Old Enemy unravelling.
Definition of mesmeric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India