- A subatomic particle which is intermediate in mass between an electron and a proton and transmits the strong interaction that binds nucleons together in the atomic nucleus.More example sentences
- Quarks are permanently bound together into protons, neutrons and mesons.
- Prior to this era, protons and neutrons and mesons don't exist, there is just a hot soup of quarks and gluons in their place.
- They proposed that particles like the proton, the neutron, and the mesons, which feel the strong nuclear force, are not elementary particles at all, but possess internal constituents.
More definitions of mesonDefinition of meson in:
- The US English dictionary