- The region of the earth’s atmosphere above the stratosphere and below the thermosphere, between about 50 and 80 km in altitude.More example sentences
- If the layers are characterized by the rate at which temperature changes with height, then the atmosphere is split into four layers: the troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, and thermosphere.
- Nacreous and Noctilucent clouds form not in the part of the atmosphere in which we live, but much higher up, in the stratosphere and mesosphere.
- They will also be able to find out more about the complex waves, tides and other mechanisms that link this region - known as the mesosphere - to the lower regions of the atmosphere.
More definitions of mesosphereDefinition of mesosphere in:
- The US English dictionary