noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A cancer of mesothelial tissue, associated especially with exposure to asbestos.More example sentences
- SV40 does not have a role in the majority of malignant mesotheliomas - a cancer associated with exposure to asbestos - according to a study in this month's Cancer Research.
- Conversely, there are few risk factors other than asbestos exposure for mesothelioma.
- Now, of course, it is well known that it can cause asbestosis or mesothelioma, a malignant tumour of the lung lining caused by inhaling asbestos fibres.
More definitions of mesotheliomaDefinition of mesothelioma in:
- The US English dictionary