Definition of mesothelium in English:
noun (plural mesothelia)[mass noun] Anatomy
1The epithelium that lines the pleurae, peritoneum, and pericardium.
- The outermost covering of the stomach is termed serosa, because it is composed of a loose fatty connective tissue containing blood vessels and nerves covered by a mesothelium, the visceral peritoneum, or mesentery.
- Mesothelioma is a rare form of carcinoma that occurs in the mesothelium lining lungs, abdomens and hearts.
- Studies were also conducted to assess the expression of the heavy and light subunits of gamma-GCS in human pleural mesothelium and bronchial epithelium in vivo and the induction of inducible NOS by asbestos fibers.
- Example sentences
- Hyperplastic mesothelial cells in mediastinal lymph node sinuses with extranodal lymphatic involvement
- Another pathway might involve mediators synthesized by activated macrophages and/or mesothelial cells of the pleural or peritoneal surfaces of the muscle.
- The pleurectomy specimen was characterized by fragments of fibrous connective tissue lined by mesothelial cells with focal papillary area.
Definition of mesothelium in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia