noun (feminine mestiza plural mestizos or mestizas)
- (In Latin America) a person of mixed race, especially one having Spanish and American Indian parentage.More example sentences
- But they allowed justified resentment at past treatment by the mestizo (mixed race Spanish speaking) section of the masses to divert them from pushing forward the struggle against the common enemy.
- About 90 percent of the people are mestizos, people of mixed European and Amerindian ancestry.
- Ladinos are usually mestizos, people of mixed Amerindian and European descent.
Spanish, 'mixed', based on Latin mixtus.
More definitions of mestizoDefinition of mestizo in:
- The US English dictionary