- Relating to or deriving from the metabolism of a living organism: a metabolic disorderMore example sentences
- From a metabolic perspective, threonine is one of three indispensable amino acids.
- These enzymes usually act in concert with other enzymes or proteins in DNA metabolic activity.
- It transports nutrients to cells and eliminates metabolic wastes, toxins and excess fluids from the body.
- More example sentences
- Research by Ponganis and Kooyman suggests emperor penguins are metabolically adapted to conserve oxygen while swimming.
- Muscle tissue is a very active, metabolically demanding tissue, especially compared to slow and sluggish fat.
- Lean muscle is more metabolically active than fat.
More definitions of metabolicDefinition of metabolic in:
- The US English dictionary