Definition of metabolic in English:
Relating to or deriving from the metabolism of a living organism: a metabolic disorder
More example sentences
- From a metabolic perspective, threonine is one of three indispensable amino acids.
- These enzymes usually act in concert with other enzymes or proteins in DNA metabolic activity.
- It transports nutrients to cells and eliminates metabolic wastes, toxins and excess fluids from the body.
- Example sentences
- Research by Ponganis and Kooyman suggests emperor penguins are metabolically adapted to conserve oxygen while swimming.
- Muscle tissue is a very active, metabolically demanding tissue, especially compared to slow and sluggish fat.
- Lean muscle is more metabolically active than fat.
Words that rhyme with metabolicalcoholic, anabolic, apostolic, bucolic, carbolic, chocoholic, colic, diabolic, embolic, frolic, hydraulic, hyperbolic, melancholic, parabolic, rollick, shambolic, shopaholic, symbolic, vitriolic, workaholic
Definition of metabolic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan