Definition of metacognition in English:
noun[mass noun] Psychology
Awareness and understanding of one’s own thought processes.
- She has also examined closed-head injury with respect to working memory, metacognition, and reading ability.
- The current research focuses on two other literatures where cross talk could be fruitful: psychological testing and the newer field of metacognition.
- Future directions primarily consisted of offering additional areas (e.g., metacognition, folk psychology) in which one might work out a bridge with the minding concept.
- Example sentences
- From clinical experience we observed that in cognitive therapy there is a process of metacognitive awareness, or decentering, that takes place.
- A second purpose of Experiment 3 was to determine whether the interaction between covariation and beliefs extends to participants' metacognitive judgments of the usefulness of covariation information.
- For instance, students need to be provided wit opportunities and support to develop metacognitive and critical-thinking skills.
Definition of metacognition in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan