- An electronic device that gives an audible or other signal when it is close to metal, used for example to search for buried objects.More example sentences
- If I'm not allowed to carry a cell phone through the metal detector, fine.
- On Monday of last week Thomas, his father Pat, and friend Bernard used a metal detector in their search.
- In September they returned, each armed with a metal detector, and searched the field after the farmer took out his crop.
More definitions of metal detectorDefinition of metal detector in:
- The US English dictionary