- Relating to the formation or occurrence of deposits of metals or their ores: metallogenic maps of Ecuador a rich metallogenic provinceMore example sentences
- The importance of the Iberian Pyrite Belt as a world-class massive sulphide province extends this work to other metallogenic provinces where massive sulphide deposits occur associated with reduced sedimentary rocks.
- Such regions delineate metallogenic provinces, which represent restricted areas of the crust where geological processes were suitable for the concentration of metals to form a group of ore deposits of a similar type.
- Gold deposition was the most productive during the course of the Hercynian and Kimmerian metallogenic epochs and the Mezo-Cenozoic activation stage.
More definitions of metallogenicDefinition of metallogenic in:
- The US English dictionary