- another term for somite.More example sentences
- An organism is considered metameric when its body is mostly formed of serially repeated anatomical units called metameres.
- Any particular abdominal metamere usually consists of only two sclerites, the tergum and sternum.
- In the vertebrates the metamere is evident in the embryonic stages and tends to disappear in the adults.
late 19th century: from meta- 'together with' + Greek meros 'part'.
More definitions of metamereDefinition of metamere in:
- The US English dictionary