- Change in one’s way of life resulting from penitence or spiritual conversion: what he demanded of people was metanoia, repentance, a complete change of heartMore example sentences
- The biblical word for conversion, metanoia, means not just a shift in one's views or opinions but a fundamental change in direction.
- It involves metanoia, which we translate as repentance - a complete change of direction.
- One reads of ‘heterosexists’ but not ‘homosexists’; one reads of the ‘gospel’ and metanoia but never finds either word defined.
late 19th century: from Greek, from metanoein 'change one's mind'.
More definitions of metanoiaDefinition of metanoia in:
- The US English dictionary