- A salt of metaphosphoric acid.More example sentences
- When the number of units is between three and ten, sodium metaphosphate forms a cyclic ring of alternating phosphorous and oxygen atoms.
- Sodium metaphosphate when added to milk in an average ratio of approximately 41 mg. to 100 ml. prevents the formation of a curd when the milk is treated.
- Normal and high levels of phosphorus (0.4 and 1.2% phosphorus) in the form of orthophosphate and metaphosphate were fed to growing rats for 150 days.
More definitions of metaphosphateDefinition of metaphosphate in:
- The US English dictionary