Definition of metaplasia in English:
noun[mass noun] Physiology
Abnormal change in the nature of a tissue: intestinal metaplasia
More example sentences
- The remaining 9 cases showed the coexistence of antral-type metaplasia, intestinal metaplasia, and dysplasia in the same specimen.
- The antral mucosa showed pancreatic acinar cell metaplasia and intestinal metaplasia.
- The existence of gastric lymphoma and intestinal metaplasia was observed in the same or different tissue fragments in most endoscopic biopsies.
- Example sentences
- The differential diagnosis of breast tumors with abundant cartilaginous and osseous metaplasia includes metaplastic carcinoma.
- Extensive squamous metaplasia was seen within many of the glands, and in several areas there was central necrosis of the metaplastic epithelium.
- The biopsies demonstrated both metaplastic squamous and benign respiratory epithelium with acute inflammation and no evidence of malignancy.
Definition of metaplasia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan