The study of mental processes and the mind-body relationship, beyond what can be studied experimentally.
More example sentences
- Many of the assumptions adopted by film theorists from Freudian metapsychology or Lacan seem inadequate in accounting for cinematic pleasure.
- One could venture to explain in this way the myths of paradise and the fall of man, of God, of good and evil, of immortality, and so on, to transform metaphysics into metapsychology.
- Freud's metapsychology can be seen as a special offshoot or sub-division of metaphysics.
- More example sentences
- The best known of the five published metapsychological papers is ‘Mourning and Melancholia.’
- The answer lies in a theoretical perspective, a clarifying of metaphysical and metapsychological assumptions.
- They arose, in part, from the way in which psychoanalysts employed metapsychological theories to explain both character pathology and major psychiatric conditions.
Definition of metapsychology in:
- The US English dictionary