- 1Any of the bones of the foot.More example sentences
- Common sites are the tibia, fibula, metatarsals, lumbar spine (pars interarticularis), and the hip (proximal femur).
- On inspection, the toes angle abruptly toward the midline, creating a C-shaped lateral foot border with a prominent styloid process of the fifth metatarsal.
- They stated that fractures of the proximal part of the diaphysis of the fifth metatarsal mainly occurred in basketball and soccer players.
- 1.1Any of the bones in an animal’s hindlimb equivalent to the metatarsals.More example sentences
- The third and fourth metacarpals (front limbs) and metatarsals (hind limbs) are fused to form an elongated cannon bone (a condition also seen in antilocaprids and bovids).
- There is no indication of any special differentiation of the fifth metatarsal, which is hooked in other squamates.
- The feathers on the metatarsals were lost on the back wings.
More definitions of metatarsalDefinition of metatarsal in:
- The US English dictionary