noun (plural metatarsi /-sʌɪ, -siː/)
- 1The group of bones in the foot, between the ankle and the toes.More example sentences
- The England skipper had another X-ray yesterday and the second metatarsus bone in his left foot which he broke in April is healing well.
- 1.1The part of the foot between the ankle and the toes.More example sentences
- For each adult we measured body mass to the nearest 0.01 g using an electronic scale and measured the length of the metatarsus to the nearest 0.1 mm using slide calipers.
- A double metatarsus operation left his left toe without sensation and he had to skip most of the 1975 season.
More definitions of metatarsusDefinition of metatarsus in:
- The US English dictionary