- A salt or ester of methacrylic acid, especially any of these esters used in making resins by polymerization.More example sentences
- The most durable exterior house paints are based on acrylic co-polymers of materials like methyl methacrylate and butyl acrylate.
- Another derivative, guaiacol glyceryl ether, is an ingredient in cough medicines, and glycerol methacrylate is used in the manufacture of soft contact lenses to make them permeable to air.
- Other monomers in the plurality include acrylic acid and methyl methacrylate.
More definitions of methacrylateDefinition of methacrylate in:
- The US English dictionary