noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A colourless, low-melting solid which polymerizes when distilled and is used in the manufacture of synthetic resins.
- Chemical formula: CH2C(CH3)COOH
More example sentences
- Different functionality may be introduced by using comonomers such as methacrylic acid (carboxylic acid groups) or hydroxy ethyl acrylate (hydroxyl groups).
- Cysteine is known to react chemically with methacrylic acid to give S - 2-carboxypropyl cysteine, so providing a route to the alkyl groups in ACSO, PeCSO, and PCSO.
- The release data shows that, as the concentration of methacrylic acid was increased, swelling increased resulting in increased release of the drug.
Definition of methacrylic acid in:
- The US English dictionary