noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A colourless, low-melting solid which polymerizes when distilled and is used in the manufacture of synthetic resins.
- Chemical formula: CH2C(CH3)COOH
More example sentences
- Different functionality may be introduced by using comonomers such as methacrylic acid (carboxylic acid groups) or hydroxy ethyl acrylate (hydroxyl groups).
- Cysteine is known to react chemically with methacrylic acid to give S - 2-carboxypropyl cysteine, so providing a route to the alkyl groups in ACSO, PeCSO, and PCSO.
- The release data shows that, as the concentration of methacrylic acid was increased, swelling increased resulting in increased release of the drug.
More definitions of methacrylic acidDefinition of methacrylic acid in:
- The US English dictionary