noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A sedative and sleep-inducing drug. Also called Quaalude ( • trademark ).More example sentences
- Drugs for which subjects were tested included cocaine, opiates, marijuana, phencyclidine, benzodiazepines, methaqualone, methadone, propoxyphene, barbiturates, and amphetamines.
- The variation in court understanding has affected drugs such as buprenorphine and methaqualone, and most notoriously ecstasy type drugs.
- The laboratories had the highest concordance in testing for methadone (fifteen positive cases), methaqualone (zero positive cases) and PCP (six positive cases).
1960s: from elements of its chemical name meth- + -a- + qu(inine) + a(zo- + -o)l + -one.
More definitions of methaqualoneDefinition of methaqualone in:
- The US English dictionary