noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A semi-synthetic form of penicillin used against staphylococci which produce penicillinase.More example sentences
- Some antibiotics, such as gentamicin, penicillin G, tetracycline, methicillin, erythromycin, and vancomycin, are not compatible with heparin.
- Tea extract showed synergistic activity with Chloramphenicol and other antibiotics like gentamycin, methicillin and nalidixic acid against test strains.
- This strain was resistant to methicillin, cephalothin, gentamicin, erythromycin, chloramphenicol and tetracycline.
1960s: from meth(yl) and (pen)icillin.
More definitions of methicillinDefinition of methicillin in:
- The US English dictionary