Definition of methylate in English:
verb[with object] (often as adjective methylated)
1.1 Chemistry Introduce a methyl group into (a molecule or compound): the cytosine moiety in the chromosomal DNA is usually methylated
More example sentences
- Some molecules are heavily methylated while others are not, consistent with our previous observations.
- The ability of these compounds to methylate DNA, however, correlated with the biological activity.
- When this hydroxyl group is then methylated to give there is a very significant, 3000-fold, decrease in inhibitor binding.
- Example sentences
- DNA methylation is a common molecular alteration in colorectal cancer cells.
- Thus it not only had nucleosomes and histone acetylation and methylation, but was also sexual with meiosis and a bouquet stage.
- After methylation, DNA was extracted with phenol-chloroform followed by ethanol precipitation.
Definition of methylate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan