- A soluble white compound used as a photographic developer.
More example sentences
- A sulphate of 4-methylaminophenol (chemical formula: CH3NHC6H4OH)
- Developing agents most readily available were metol, hydroquinone, and Phenidone.
- This is because they mostly contain two developing agents: either phenidone or metol, which effectively develop the lighter image tones, with hydroquinone, which is responsible for the heavier densities.
- As I have explained in my Print Solarization article, the best developer for the Sabatier effect is one that contains metol only.
late 19th century: from German, arbitrarily named by the inventor.
More definitions of metolDefinition of metol in:
- The US English dictionary