- A distance of 1,500 metres, or a race over this distance.More example sentences
- The dilemma that Holmes faced concerned the effect that three 800 metres races might have on her prospects in the metric mile, which begins tomorrow.
- Her concern was that, by running a heat, semi-final and final of an 800 metres championship, she would leave herself fatigued for the metric mile.
- In the opinion of Ellen van Langen, the 1992 Olympic 800 metres champion, she should stick to the metric mile.
More definitions of metric mileDefinition of metric mile in:
- The US English dictionary