Definition of metricate in English:
Convert to a metric system of measurement: when copper pipe was metricated, the method of measuring it changed
More example sentences
- Napoleon Bonaparte started to metricate the world in the early 1800s. Two hundred years later, the US still has problems in following the rest of the world.
- Everything from cough mixture to nail varnish is already metricated in the city's pharmacies.
- Imagine - the European Commission might want to harmonise uniforms and cap badges, or even metricate them.
- Example sentences
- We're sitting less than 12 months away from a General Election and any party that declared support for metrication would take a pounding.
- It would do no harm to allow metric on pedestrian distance signs and would pave the way for the ultimate objective of full metrication of traffic signs.
- The UK government committed to introduce metrication over a 10-year period 40 years ago but has yet to introduce kilometres on our roads.
Words that rhyme with metricatefabricate • deprecate
Definition of metricate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan