noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the womb.More example sentences
- Many of the symptoms and effects of deficiencies in copper, iodine and selenium are common such as abortions, stillbirths, deaths in young calves and lowered immunity to diseases like scours, pneumonia, mastitis and metritis.
- Sows should be brought up to full-feed as quickly as possible after they farrow, but some producers have observed a higher incidence of constipation and mastitis, metritis, and agalactia if this is done too rapidly.
- These latter nutrients also help improve the sow's immune-response and prevent subsequent lactation complications such as mastitis, metritis, and agalactia.
mid 19th century: from Greek mētra 'womb' + -itis.
More definitions of metritisDefinition of metritis in:
- The US English dictionary