nounchiefly North American
- A very large metropolitan area, especially one which is an aggregation of two or more cities: the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplexMore example sentences
- But there's so much life tied to that compact space, so much to observe and absorb in those 200 yards, I often come away feeling as if I've taken a drive in the country rather than idled along a cable fence in the middle of a thriving metroplex.
- During the summertime, ozone blights much of the metroplex.
- No one was thrilled to see all those chemicals going up into the already questionable air we breathe here in the metroplex.
More definitions of metroplexDefinition of metroplex in:
- The US English dictionary