- (Especially of fish) cooked or served in lightly browned butter with lemon juice and parsley: sole meunièreMore example sentences
- In fact, the few times the kitchen stumbles are with dishes like Dover-sole meunière or salmon pavé, which are reminiscent of the old Le Cirque.
- Brittany is known for its seafood; hence, Yann's menu has many seafood dishes such as scallops, trout with almonds, sole meunière, tiger prawns and the assiette pêcheur (fisherman's platter).
- The menu, so classic as to boast sole meunière and beef Rossini, makes you wonder where the challenge is for a man of Rachou's gifts.
from French (à la) meunière '(in the manner of) a miller's wife'.
More definitions of meunièreDefinition of meunière in:
- The US English dictionary