adverb & adjective
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- Singing performed mezza voce: the sweet mezza voce of the ‘Hostias’More example sentences
- Pick items that are sedate rather than fleet-footed prestos and floated pieces at mezza voce rather than full-throttle.
- Yet in reflective or melancholic fare, such as Brahms's Mondenschein and Lerchengesang, he found a caressing legato and an enchanting mezza voce.
- At first, I thought his ‘Dalla sua pace’ was too aggressive, but when he reprises the aria's opening music, he sings it in a melting mezza voce, almost crooningly.
Italian, literally 'half voice'.
More definitions of mezza voceDefinition of mezza voce in:
- The US English dictionary