- A utensil for chopping herbs, vegetables, etc., with a semi-circular blade and a handle at each end.More example sentences
- Alvarado has the lid of a tin of tomatoes and is using that as a mezzaluna to cut the vegetables since prisoners are not allowed to have knives.
- I would say the mezzaluna [two-handled chopping knife], because a sharp blade is always useful to have around.
- Finely chop the leaves, preferably with a mezzaluna, so that they almost become powder-like.
1950s: from Italian, literally 'half moon'.
More definitions of mezzalunaDefinition of mezzaluna in:
- The US English dictionary