Definition of microanalysis in English:
The quantitative analysis of chemical compounds using a sample of a few milligrams.
- We studied the morphological and compositional differences of the fibrous amphibole samples with scanning electron microscopy and with energy dispersive spectroscopy x-ray microanalysis.
- The most common technique is called EDX spectrometry - energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis.
- For that reason the identical apoplastic regions chosen for the LAMMA investigations were also analysed by energy-dispersive X-ray microanalysis.
- Example sentences
- This might be combined with improved microanalytical methods currently being applied to solutes sampled from individual plant cells.
- The X-ray microanalytical studies were carried out under standardized conditions using a Philips EM 420 electron microscope provided with the DX4 system of EDAX.
- Micrographs of minerals, metals, pigments, wood sections, and fibers as well as positive and negative microanalytical results for spot tests and fluorescent staining.
Definition of microanalysis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan