The quantitative analysis of chemical compounds using a sample of a few milligrams.
- We studied the morphological and compositional differences of the fibrous amphibole samples with scanning electron microscopy and with energy dispersive spectroscopy x-ray microanalysis.
- The most common technique is called EDX spectrometry - energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis.
- For that reason the identical apoplastic regions chosen for the LAMMA investigations were also analysed by energy-dispersive X-ray microanalysis.
- Example sentences
- This might be combined with improved microanalytical methods currently being applied to solutes sampled from individual plant cells.
- The X-ray microanalytical studies were carried out under standardized conditions using a Philips EM 420 electron microscope provided with the DX4 system of EDAX.
- Micrographs of minerals, metals, pigments, wood sections, and fibers as well as positive and negative microanalytical results for spot tests and fluorescent staining.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: micro|analy¦sis
Definition of microanalysis in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.