Definition of microbrewery in English:
noun (plural microbreweries)chiefly North American
A brewery which produces limited quantities of beer, typically for consumption on its own premises.
- The combined volume of beer sold by microbreweries and regional specialty breweries increased by 210,000 barrels, bringing their total volume to just under 3.8 million barrels.
- There are beers brewed especially for this time of year, including some of the best beers put out by microbreweries and foreign breweries.
- The microbrewery's beers are formulated from proprietary recipes.
- Example sentences
- After 1986, the number of brewers rose due to entry of specialty brewers, microbrewers, and brewpubs.
- Consequently, the number of microbrewers has rocketed - Jim remembers just one, Selby Brewery, in North Yorkshire when the shop opened.
- Some 300 years ago, there were hundreds of microbrewers in Dublin.
Definition of microbrewery in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan