noun (plural microbreweries)chiefly North American
A brewery which produces limited quantities of beer, typically for consumption on its own premises.
More example sentences
- The combined volume of beer sold by microbreweries and regional specialty breweries increased by 210,000 barrels, bringing their total volume to just under 3.8 million barrels.
- There are beers brewed especially for this time of year, including some of the best beers put out by microbreweries and foreign breweries.
- The microbrewery's beers are formulated from proprietary recipes.
- More example sentences
- After 1986, the number of brewers rose due to entry of specialty brewers, microbrewers, and brewpubs.
- Consequently, the number of microbrewers has rocketed - Jim remembers just one, Selby Brewery, in North Yorkshire when the shop opened.
- Some 300 years ago, there were hundreds of microbrewers in Dublin.
More definitions of microbreweryDefinition of microbrewery in:
- The US English dictionary