- A small mobile phone base station connected to the phone network via the Internet, typically used to improve mobile phone reception within a particular area: to shift the burden on its network to the Internet, the company is selling microcells to its cellphone customers, to install in their homesMore example sentences
- But microwave backhaul is now becoming essential for linking microcells, which cover just a block or two.
- I have the microcell and it is great.
- This comes on top of in flight cellphone service, in which essentially a microcell is established inside the aircraft, and where your phone "roams" from your home network to that inside the plane.
More definitions of microcellDefinition of microcell in:
- The US English dictionary