- A tiny wafer of semiconducting material used to make an integrated circuit.More example sentences
- Nanowires fashioned into billions of transistors on a microchip could someday drive tiny, ultra-fast computers.
- The worldwide market for silicon wafers and microchips has collapsed and the hi-tech chips which were to secure their future will instead be produced at NEC's Japanese plants.
- But first, researchers must perfect schemes for creating spin-aligned currents inside semiconductors, the materials used to make microchips.
verb (microchips, microchipping, microchipped)[with object] Back to top
- Implant a microchip under the skin of (a domestic animal) as a means of identification: 500,000 owners have had their pets microchippedMore example sentences
- We do not want to devote a huge amount of time and attention to expensive databases and microchipping every dog that is with a responsible owner.
- The SPCA's rationale for microchipping cats is, that those that are lost could be reunited with their owners.
- The charity urges owners to be responsible in helping to prevent the stray dog problem, by neutering and microchipping their dogs.
More definitions of microchipDefinition of microchip in:
- The US English dictionary