A minute electric circuit, especially an integrated circuit.
- Should their silicon inhabitants - microcircuits, microgears, and micropower drivers - exist in a vacuum?
- Silicon wafers used for building microcircuits are usually polished at one specific angle to the atomic planes of silicon.
- Similarly, although the demand for gold for industrial purposes has grown - principally for computer semiconductors and microcircuits - the giant's share, 80%, remains centred on jewellery.
- Example sentences
- Since the advent of the philosophy of microcircuitry in 1951, great changes have taken place in electronics.
- Advances in computers and microcircuitry led to the development of the Boeing AGM - 69A SRAM (short-range attack missile), only 14 feet long and weighing but 2,320 pounds.
- As these devices became more adept - thanks to advances in microcircuitry - and more widely accepted, researchers began to investigate if they might also work by tingling the spinal cord or brain.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: micro|cir¦cuit
Definition of microcircuit in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.