Circulation of the blood in the smallest blood vessels.
More example sentences
- Injection of Salvia miltiorrhizae could dilate the blood vessels and improve microcirculation.
- Salvia not only restores normal microcirculation, but normalizes blood viscosity from other factors, as well.
- Measurement of the retinal arterioles offers a non-invasive means to evaluate systemic associations of the human microcirculation in vivo.
- More example sentences
- At the junction of the flowing blood and extracellular space, the endothelium is a dynamic organ that modulates local hemostasis, cell trafficking, and microcirculatory blood flow.
- However, Ellis and colleagues demonstrated maldistribution of microcirculatory blood flow in the skeletal muscle of septic rats.
- Jull and colleagues studied the effectiveness of a common adjuvant therapy, pentoxifylline, which is thought to correct microcirculatory disorders by lowering blood viscosity.
More definitions of microcirculationDefinition of microcirculation in:
- The US English dictionary