- A small fibril in the cytoplasm or wall of a cell, visible only under an electron microscope, and typically aggregated into coarser fibrils or structures.More example sentences
- In plant primary cell walls, cellulose microfibrils are coated with and cross-linked together with hemicellulose and the spaces in these networks are filled with pectins, which also form a network.
- It was reported for pea that GA changes the orientation of microtubules and cellulose microfibrils, making the cells swell more in length.
- According to current models of primary cell walls, cellulose microfibrils, which are the major tensile elements of the wall, interact with matrix components such as hemicelluloses, forming a complex network.
More definitions of microfibrilDefinition of microfibril in:
- The US English dictionary