- A small rod-like structure, about 4-7 nanometres in diameter, present in numbers in the cytoplasm of many eukaryotic cells.More example sentences
- Actin is the major constituent protein of microfilaments in eukaryotic cells.
- Some cells possessed abundant, randomly arranged thin microfilaments in their cytoplasm.
- If microfilaments antagonize microtubules, this uneven distribution of microfilaments should affect microtubule morphology.
More definitions of microfilamentDefinition of microfilament in:
- The US English dictionary