noun[mass noun] Biology
- Bacteria and microscopic algae and fungi, especially those living in a particular site or habitat.More example sentences
- It is formed from decaying plant roots, leaves, etc. deposited at the surface, and the remains of microflora and microfauna living in the soil.
- This microflora, composed of 10 bacteria per gram of intestinal content, forms a stable ecosystem that permits the elimination of exogenous organisms.
- The high heat treatment kills 90 per cent of the milk's normal microflora, destroys enzymes, and upsets the balance of delicate milk components critical to a cheeses texture and flavour.
More definitions of microfloraDefinition of microflora in:
- The US English dictionary