- A habitat which is of small or limited extent and which differs in character from some surrounding more extensive habitat.More example sentences
- Many species of crabs and lobsters, for example, are limited to specific microhabitats due to behavioral constraints: they require rocky areas with crevices for protection from predators and for mate guarding during breeding.
- The habitat of S. lineatus can be divided into microhabitats differing in vegetation structure, which determines the amount of solar radiation penetrating the vegetation.
- Although variations in relief on the rocky outcrops provide a myriad of microhabitats, habitat preference of these geophytes is dependent upon the mat species.
More definitions of microhabitatDefinition of microhabitat in:
- The US English dictionary