- A minute shaped flint, typically part of a composite tool such as a spear.More example sentences
- Inside were large quantities of ‘narrow-blade’ flint microliths, including broken tools and knapping waste, showing that tools were made and repaired in the house.
- The way to find microliths (small Mesolithic flint barbs), he said, was to search springtime molehills.
- Their tools and equipment included microliths, woodworking tools such as chipped axes and adzes, picks, barbed points, bone and antler spearheads, and fishing equipment such as spears and fish-hooks.
- More example sentences
- A series of later Stone Age microlithic industries found widely across southern Africa and dating to the period 6000 bc through to ad 500 or later.
- Although small drills and perforators are occasionally found in archaeological contexts at cal A.D.900-1050, such tools are typically not made from formal microlithic cores.
- In contrast, the Pfeffer site debris included very little Mill Creek chert, but one house there possessed a concentration of microlithic tools utilized in shell bead manufacture.
More definitions of microlithDefinition of microlith in:
- The US English dictionary