The branch of meteorology concerned with small areas and with small-scale meteorological phenomena.
- Finally, local micrometeorology determines whether dispersion into a turbulent atmosphere is such that the target population fails to receive enough to be infected.
- It is intended to provide micrometeorologists, ecosystem scientists, boundary-layer meteorologists, and students involved in micrometeorology with the state of science on measurement and analysis.
- Example sentences
- For the field-grown bananas, daily micrometeorological conditions and soil water status remained relatively constant throughout the study period (data not shown).
- After wind speed is accounted for, ammonia emissions are then calculated via a micrometeorological method.
- This paper reports observations on the micrometeorological features associated to frost occurrence in a representative area of the Po valley in order to characterize the atmospheric physics during frost formation episodes, to understand the frequency and the type of risk and to develop the most suitable protection practices.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: micro|meteor|ology
Definition of micrometeorology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.