- A gauge which measures small distances or thicknesses between its two faces, one of which can be moved away from or towards the other by turning a screw with a fine thread.More example sentences
- Prof Rainey also examined more than 1,200 leaves of paper, even using a micrometer to measure the thickness of every sheet, as well as recording their height, width, watermarks, chainlines and other properties.
- An index of intensity of the response to the mitogenic stimulation of T-cells was estimated as the change in thickness, measured with a pressure-sensitive micrometer, of the right wing web minus the change in the left wing web.
- The tumor thickness was measured with an ocular micrometer from the most superficial layer of mucosal epithelium, ulcer base, or granular layer of squamous mucosa, to the deepest invasive tumor cell.
- More example sentences
- The connective tissues were measured in their thickest part under light microscopy with ocular micrometry and the results were recorded as micrometers.
- Double-star micrometry has always had a significant percentage of amateur observers in its ranks.
- In general, this proved too time-consuming - as much as I would have liked to highlight the sometimes poor quality of recent publications with 100-year-old visual micrometry.