- A chemical element or substance required in trace amounts for the normal growth and development of living organisms.More example sentences
- However, what are known as micronutrients - vitamins and trace elements - can poison if taken in excessive quantities.
- The third group of essential elements are called micronutrients because they are required by the plant in small amounts.
- The dietary intake of carbohydrate, protein, lipids, micronutrients and phytochemicals will change based on the dietetic habits of the population.
More definitions of micronutrientDefinition of micronutrient in:
- The US English dictionary