- A microscopic organism, especially a bacterium, virus, or fungus.More example sentences
- Brain abscess is a serious disorder that occurs when micro-organisms such as bacteria or fungi get into the brain, causing inflammation.
- At the same time bacteria, viruses and other disease-causing micro-organisms are also becoming more active.
- Many cases of food poisoning are caused by micro-organisms, including bacteria, viruses and moulds.
More definitions of microorganismDefinition of microorganism in:
- The US English dictionary