Definition of microphone in English:
An instrument for converting sound waves into electrical energy variations which may then be amplified, transmitted, or recorded.
- We don't take up much room and don't have any amplifiers or microphones to encumber us.
- Should drum beating or use of microphones and loudspeakers that disturbs the peace of neighbourhood be permitted?
- The rangers set up underwater microphones attached to amplifiers on the jetty.
- Example sentences
- She broke a string on her Les Paul right on the first song, then switched to a Firebird which kept shrieking due to some kind of microphonic problem with the pickups not liking the distortion effect or something.
- The low frequency tone emitted in flight is plainly audible to the ear and microphonic filtering yielded the wing beat frequency, as Sotavalta reliably showed for many insect species.
- Every little sound echoed causing somewhat of a microphonic effect.
Words that rhyme with microphonevibraphone
Definition of microphone in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan