Definition of microphysics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of physics that deals with bodies and phenomena on a microscopic or smaller scale, especially with molecules, atoms, and subatomic particles.
- So now we have three simple areas of physical science: life, astrophysics, microphysics.
- Tell me when the senses have ever seen a principle of nuclear microphysics.
- See Peter Galison's Image and Logic for a detailed analysis of the transforming effects of the introduction of new techniques and new technologies in the field of microphysics in the 20th century.
- Example sentences
- However, the commonplace judgement of physicists is that microphysical processes are causal and temporally asymmetric in character.
- The other major hypothesis invokes particle charging interactions of either an inductive or microphysical nature.
- He does not, however, give an account of what emergence is, apart from its involving macroscopic causal powers that do not supervene on the causal powers of and relations among the basic microphysical entities.
Definition of microphysics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.